The aim should be to organise a timetable to raise money for the year and set clear objectives of what is needed.
A fund-raising sub-committee can be established. It is possible to spend this money on anything relevant to the Cylch Meithrin – including rent and salaries.
Online Fundraising Websites
There are a number of websites that can be used for fund raising campaigns, e.g. JustGiving, Gofundme etc. Creating an online page for fundraising activities makes it easier for the Cylch’s parents and other supporters to share with other families, and you can share a link to it on the Cylch’s social media pages. Some websites charge fees to register, or take a fee from each contribution made. More information about the types of websites is available here.
As most Cylchoedd are registered charities, it is possible to register to receive ‘Gift Aid’ in order to maximise each contribution (up to 20% of the original donation). More information about how to reigster here.
Online Shopping Websites
A number of websites offer a donation to charity in exchange for shopping through their website, e.g. EasyFundraising, Give As You Live, The Giving Machine, Amazon Smile. Registered charities register with the websites, and then their supporters go to their usual online shops (Amazon, Next etc) through their website and a percentage of what the supporter spends is paid directly to the charity. This method of fundraising doesn’t cost supporters a penny; all they need to do is create an account, chose the Cylch as their charity and remember to access the shopping websites via the fundraising one.
- Bag packing or token scheme at a local supermarket (this is just one example)
- Sponsored activities (walk, bike race etc)
- Raffle – click to see guidelines on running a raffle
- Cylch Meithrin Concert – ticket sales
- 100 Club
- Car boot sales
- Cake stall
- Coffee morning
- Mudiad Meithrin organise fundraising opportunities throughout the year, e.g. Parti Pyjamas or Rhywbeth Neis i De
- Mudiad Meithrin also has ‘Clwb Cant’, which is an opportunity for Cylchoedd to win financial prizes and is a means of fundraising.
Information about the legal aspects of fundraising are available here on the Fundraising Regulator’s website.